Thursday, October 15, 2015

Institution of Education

The act or process of imparting or acquiring general knowledge, developing the powers of reasoning and judgment, and generally of preparing oneself or others intellectually for mature life is the definition for education (Dictionary.com). In the world today education is key to living a successful life. Education is important in every aspect; it ultimately gives a person control of their life, if effects how that person makes a decision, and it also makes one appreciate life.
 As you learn you become more knowledgeable and soon making decisions will be an everyday occurrence. Having a good education make this process much simpler. When you can relate to a topic, or you know the facts decision making can be simpler.
If you have already "grown up" I'm sure you know a lot about having control of your life. With the proper way of obtaining knowledge you can have control of your life. For example this year I moved out of my parents house the summer after I graduated. I'm renting my own apartment, filing taxes, making payments on my own car, and paying for everything I want/need. I couldn't have done this without education, without it I wouldn't understand the economy and making poor decisions and honestly I'd would probably be living in my parents house still.
Having and education has definitely made me appreciate life more too. Not everyone in the world gets this kind of opportunity. High school is free, take advantage of that because when you get to college it is not free. Now with education I can go on and make a life for myself.
Social institution change aspects of life in individuals such as social stratification, deviance, cultural activities and socialization. The sociological theories (functionalism, conflict and interactionism) have influenced education as a sociological institution with each of them influencing both the individual and the society’s view hence creating a social change in the education (orderwriters.com).
Without education the world would be in utter chaos. As a social institution it is an important element that governs the behavior of social life.


"Education." Dictionary.com. Dictionary.com, n.d. Web. 15 Oct. 2015.
"Social Institution of the Family - Essays - 2401 Words." StudyMode. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Oct. 2015.





1 comment:

  1. The over-utilization of these elements deems it necessary for designers these days to come up with customized ideas, Rabindharanath Tagore

    ReplyDelete